American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Software Engineer - C#, Java, Blue Prism
This position will be part of the Manufacturing and Automation Organization, within the Automation COE. We are delivering the next phase of flexible, business-maintainable process automation to enable superior customer care and satisfaction for multiple GSN business areas. As a key member in this organization, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful identification, development of multiple phases of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA) initiatives.
This Manager role will be responsible for contributing to and leading a team of automation experts tasked with the implementation and development of software and automation solutions leveraging various technologies. The team will focus specifically on tool and automation development, which is used to deliver automated solutions for various functions throughout the Global Servicing Network. While tool and automation development is the primary focus of this role, this does not mean that other projects will not surface and take priority as needs change.
Incumbent will be expected to lead junior team members as well as projects and contribute to development projects themselves, as an individual contributor. The intent is to improve the customer journey, drive service standardization & improvement, reduce defects, and drive economies for our shareholders.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment on the latest technologies while playing an influential role in defining strategy and leading automation advancements within American Express. You will also be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our partners.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications- Previous experience in a Scrum team delivery environment preferred
- Experience leading software engineering and/or automation developments teams and building software products in a fast paced, complex and dynamic product development environment
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software/automation
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Strong relationship skills and ability to manage the expectations of multiple customers and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and Communicates Effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to independently overcome obstacles and resolve complex problems
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Prior hands on software development experience in an object oriented language C#, Java etc.
- Experience with various automation tools including Blue Prism, Selenium, UFT, VBA, etc.
- Knack to guide/mentor other team members in both technology and business domain
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting is a plus
- Background in SQL Database development is a plus
- Data Science / Analytics experience is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time