American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Genesys Platform
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Contact Center Capabilities has delivery and support responsibility for Global Servicing Network Technology (GSNT) within the global contact center environment. We are accountable for End to End project management and integration within GSNT for projects associated with call delivery across a global network of proprietary and partner contact centers. We liaise with numerous Amex technical and business groups to deliver our initiatives.
Software Engineers that join our Technologies team will serve as a core member of an Engineering team that designs and develops software applications and integrates them with voice infrastructure components. Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing. Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges. Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement. Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Working closely with Senior Engineers and Staff Architect and cross functional groups to ensure a Genesys global platform is designed, built and delivered on-time and aligned to business requirements.
- Establishing Single and Multi-site technical architecture, influencing business discovery sessions, integrating multiple dissimilar environments.
- Investigates complex technical issues and is expected to work with other technical and business groups to resolve issues.
- Involvement in all development activities and accountability for ensuring quality and adherence to Technical, security and compliance standards.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Globally responsible for ensuring that the design and build meet the defined business requirements.
- Also responsible for the production of the associated design documentation.
- Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing.
- Multitask across multiple projects of varying size and technical complexity; Ability to focus on the details without losing focus sight of the bigger picture.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 8+ years of Software Development experience.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
- 7+ years of proven progressive experience with System Design and delivery of large projects with distributed teams.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing .
- Deep industry and technical expertise and operational experience in contact routing, Computer telephony integration (CTI), Interactive Voice Response Systems, Voice browsers and VXML, Automatic Call Distribution, Predictive dialers, Telecom carrier networks, Quality Monitoring, Online interactive systems and Contact Center Analytics platforms.
- Architecture knowledge for the design, development and delivery of telephony solutions for inbound and outbound contact management platforms using:
- Genesys technologies solutions
- Omni-channel customer journey
- Integration into numerous backend platforms and System of Records
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of architecture, requirements analysis, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of application design, configuration and integration of third party software products.
- Thorough understanding of scalable, secure and robust n-tier architectures for achieving end-to-end performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, configurability, integration and security.
- Ability to work with business partners and articulate technical trends / concepts and design / implementation considerations.
- Strong consultative skills; leadership presentation skills, excellent ability to translate technical language and architecture into understandable business statements.
- Typically has prior experience in multiple IT voice disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical and solution), issues and trends.
- Candidate must have solid telephony / Call center infrastructure operations knowledge, understanding of Genesys platform (Routing, Interactive Recoding, Voice Response, Omni-channel configuration, Reporting and Digital channel integrations).
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time