American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible
- Coach teams facing tough challenges e.g. related to how they work and interact together
- Facilitate learning through workshops, retros, meetings, and team offsites
- Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of production data engineering of internal tools, from analytics to
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- You are experienced with working in engineering teams, as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Team Lead with agile teams
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps, mobile payments, and wearables
- Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from your team
- You care about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- You are passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of both data engineering and data science
- You are either an experienced manager or a top-level individual contributor looking to make a move to team leadership
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time