American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Blockchain
You will be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering capabilities developed on Blockchain technology with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers across the globe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Analyze requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities.
· Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary.
· Perform all technical aspects of software development (I write, I test, I support) and automation.
· Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent
development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
· Perform unit, component, integration testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts.
· Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts.
· Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others).
· Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product.
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
· Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
· Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to introduce new tools and technologies to improve productivity.
· Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- 10+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise with application design, software development.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of Engineers.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Solid hands-on experience with Java/J2EE, XML, XPath, Web Services, REST services, NoSQL Db
- Hands-on experience developing applications using cloud-based platforms/micro-services.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with developing Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms and developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Ethereum Solidity, Hyperledger, BlockStack, or other proprietary language and APIs.
- Expertise in public key cryptography, Zero Knowledge Proofs, and other advanced cryptographic concepts.
- Testing and automation framework and tools: Junit, TestNG, Selenium, LISA Virtualization/automation, mocking frameworks, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha.
- Good experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced Degree preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time