American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - .Net
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Education & Experience
Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate
• Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
• Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience required
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
• Keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry
• Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
• Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
• Manages assigned tasks effectively and acts on own initiative without being prompted
• Provides feedback to team members in code reviews
• Influences team members with innovative changes and continuous improvements
• Explores new automation techniques to refine the agility, speed and quality of engineering initiatives and efforts
• Able to understand and leverage advanced data structures and associated components
• Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
• Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
• Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
• Has understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
• Intermediate knowledge of infrastructure technologies and components
Technology Core Competencies
• Adaptive Communication
• Agile Practices
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Organizational Change Management
• Technical Acumen
• Technology Industry Trends
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
• Servant Leadership
Role Core Competencies
• Emerging Technologies
• Programming/Sof tware Development
• System Design
• Data Management
• Release and Deployment
• User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
• Analytical Thinking
• Executive Presence
• Business Product Knowledge
• Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time