American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Software Engineer, you will be leading and driving the implementation of the next generation of Platform-as-a-Service for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business partners and Systems Engineers and have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
Job Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Plan, gather requirements, schedule and implement test strategies for projects and/or features assigned
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans for PaaS and other products it’s integrated with
- Collaborate with QA team members to define, design, develop, document, maintain the QA Tools and Test automation frameworks.
- Contribute to the team’s best testing practices
- Implement and enforce testing quality gates to all supported products
- Work with developers and scrum masters to triage bugs and reproduce reported issues
- Provide in depth analysis for any test failures and assist developers in troubleshooting reported issues
- Work in a fast paced agile environment, delivering features in small time duration, attend daily Dev and QA Scrum team meetings
- Communicate test status, metrics and trending quality for the development team
- Ensure that product quality meets defined test exit criteria in functionality, performance, stability, security and data quality.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years’ experience in Software Engineering/System Software Testing
- Hands-on experience with API Test automation, from code development to test execution
- Experience with at least 2+ open testing tool or test framework i.e. Selenium, TestNg, PyTest, Jenkin, SOAP, Postman, browser development tool
- Proficient in writing scripts using any of the following: Bash, Java, PHP, Python, Groovy, Curl, use/code RESTFUL APIs
- Proficient in Linux, particularly Red Hat/CentOS
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Jenkins, continuous delivery, Git preferred
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Experience with Version Control systems - (GitHub, SVN, Git, Bit bucket)
- Test experience in 2-3 areas: PaaS, IaaS, Networking, Databases, CI/CD, Web Application
- Knowledge on different services like NOSQL/RDBMS databases like Oracle, PostGres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge on logging & monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, etc is a plus
- Experience in Docker, vagrant, kubernetes is a plus
- Demonstrable experience of software development and agile software test lifecycles
- Fast learner, eager to use and understand new technologies
- Detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Can demonstrate dedication to quality and have a positive, collaborative approach to testing
- Self-motivated; always in the look-out for improvement opportunities and can work independently
- Knowledge in cloud/cloud consumption (primarily in private cloud)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time