American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We are looking for great Engineering Managers to coach and enable our development teams to work efficiently and quickly together. You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers.
Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company.
Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible
- Coach teams facing tough challenges e.g. related to how they work and interact together
- Facilitate learning through workshops, retros, meetings, and team offsites
- Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of production data engineering of internal tools, from analytics to
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- You are experienced with working in engineering teams, as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Team Lead with agile teams
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps, mobile payments, and wearables
- Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from your team
- You care about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- You are passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of both data engineering and data science
- You are either an experienced manager or a top-level individual contributor looking to make a move to team leadership
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time