American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager / Senior Manager - Business Development & Strategy
Merchant Services – Americas (MSA) is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day.” The business focuses on high growth and relationships in the U.S. Small Merchants segment. Through innovative programs like OptBlue and growing relationships with payment facilitators like Square, MSA is transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed.
As Manager / Senior Manager of Partner Acquisition Business Development & Strategy, you will be responsible for driving business development and sales activities that will continue to grow our merchant coverage and activation with our third party acquiring relationships. You will identify and evaluate new revenue and partnership opportunities with third party partners and payment aggregators. This role is for an ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working within ambiguous parameters in a dynamic organization.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and manage the team’s incentive deal pipeline, with an emphasis on rigorously tracking the success of campaigns and scaling the most impactful deal constructs
- Partner with Small Merchant Analytics team to optimize third-party acquisition reporting and instill ROI-based mindset across team
- Build expertise in emerging payment models and acquiring trends to inform proactive AXP acquisition strategy
- Develop and implement strategies for achieving U.S. parity coverage through key third party channels, particularly in industries with historically low perceptions of merchant acceptance
- Design and execute initiatives to grow AXP merchant activation rates with third party partners
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders
- Demonstrated skill working using reporting and analytics to influence partners and drive meaningful change
- Analytical thought leader with track record of delivering high-quality work in a structured, methodical manner
- High degree of accountability and integrity
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional experience in management consulting, strategy, or business development preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Role is for candidates based in NYC or willing to relocate
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time