American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/Sr Manager- Commercial New Accounts Risk Management
This position is in Commercial Credit Risk Management focused on Wholesale New Accounts.
The Wholesale New Accounts team is responsible for developing innovative solutions across underwriting processes that enable profitable growth while maintaining
industry-best credit outcomes for the Corporate Portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Develop and enhance solutions and tools for underwriting clients and card members
- Assess and optimize the risk-return tradeoff for cross-sell initiatives
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to identify and explore areas of opportunity
- Continuously monitor new account performance and react quickly to potential/emerging issues
- Collaborate across Risk Management to align strategies across the customer lifecycle
- Review and continually improve both systematic and manual underwriting processes
- Track developments in the marketplace to understand industry best practices
- Partner with the Advanced Risk Capabilities, Risk Systems Innovation, and American Express Technologies teams to build new and transform existing underwriting capabilities
- Partner with World Service and Commercial business unit teams to design and implement seamless new account on-boarding experiences
- Work with internal governance teams and external regulators to ensure control and compliance
- Strong analytical skills and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and drive large-scale cross-functional initiatives
- Effective communication skills – clear, structured, and articulate
- High energy, a can-do attitude and a demonstrated team-first mentality
- Strategic thought leadership with a focus on process innovation
- Advanced degree in statistics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, data science, engineering, or a related quantitative field of study
- Experience in underwriting or another core credit risk management function
- Understanding of credit card economics and consumer payments
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time