American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer-Infrastructure & Multi Tiered Systems
- Analyzes requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code, creating API's and designing database
- Works with support and Infrastructure teams to re-design applications and services to supported platforms
- Performs hands-on architecture, re-design, and development of legacy systems
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation
- Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software in collaboration with the Architect
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Performs unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly tests
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and bring about overall process/performance improvements
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with scrum team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Mentors teams of junior and senior engineers through ongoing development efforts
- 6+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Hands on experience with relational databases and non-relational databases
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with performance tuning of applications and database queries
- Experience with Infrastructure components and different platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time