The Digital Marketing team’s goal is to be the center of excellence in delivering significant Card Member value through meaningful interactions at every touch point. We foster high levels of Card Member satisfaction and long term engagement. One critical touch-point on this team is the Customer Engagement Email, our #1 scale outbound digital channel, which reaches all customers including those who are otherwise less actively engaged with our brand. We are creating an Email Center of Excellence to scale this program from monthly to weekly, and are seeking two pioneering marketers to create and lead this team while sharing the role in a job share.
The Customer Engagement Email is an industry-leading program powered by innovative hyper-personalization, modern email best practices, and a high degree of collaboration across the company. The program reaches 1.2 million Business Card Members and drives a phenomenal amount of engagement and revenue, with a 3 year compound annual growth rate of 150% per year. Our recent investments in technology and data science make this program a test kitchen for innovation and continued accelerated growth. The Email Center of Excellence team will leverage the best practices from our monthly program to coordinate and uplift our existing one-off email marketing to deliver a high frequency, individualized and hyper relevant email marketing curriculum to our customers.
This role is a highly visible platform to demonstrate your digital marketing expertise to senior leadership. The vast scale of this operation, which this team will optimize, enables broad data collection, creating a core learning engine for emerging digital outbound marketing channels.
In this role, you will lead a 1 direct report, with the potential to expand the remit over time based on the success of the program. You will be responsible for delivering on critical KPIs for Global Commercial Services (GCS).
- Lead 1 direct report, as well as a large, global team of partners and 3 external agencies to plan and execute the weekly Email program
- Own the strategy, planning and execution of the weekly Customer Engagement Email program, which is a key enabler of Global Commercial Services marketing priorities for the Small Business Segment
- Continue enhancing measurement capabilities to ensure the IBB (spend lift) impact of the Email channel is captured, monitored and increased over time; establish and monitor KPI benchmarks for optimization
- Develop the roadmap and operational model for the channel, fueling the future by adding next-generation API capabilities to leverage big data and deliver richer content, more personalized customer experiences, and deeper engagement
- Design and implement a strategic test and learn plan that continually provides insights that influence the overall email marketing strategy
NOTE: This is a job-share role and is part of the American Express Flexible Work Arrangements program. Two individuals will co-share the role with each working 21 hours a week.
- Exceptional people leader
- Detail-oriented project manager who can develop processes for effectively operating at scale, and juggle multiple simultaneous work-streams with exceptional attention to detail
- Extraordinary collaborator who can effectively share accountability with a peer in a job share, and consistently deliver a unified approach to decision making and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver who can persevere through operational challenges and navigate a global, matrixed organization
- Outstanding strategic marketer with a Customer First mindset and ability to develop strategies using data-driven insights
- Proven relationship manager, with the ability to influence and mobilize cross-functional teams and drive results in a fluid environment
- A strong growth mindset and the resilience to drive big and small innovations
- Sense of humor
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience in marketing operations and/or technology capabilities development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Part-time