American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst/ Senior Analyst, Digital Marketing (Email)
The Digital Marketing team’s goal is to be the center of excellence in delivering significant Card Member value through meaningful interactions at every touch point. We foster high levels of Card Member satisfaction and long term engagement. One critical touch-point on this team is the Customer Engagement Email, our #1 scale outbound digital channel, which reaches all customers including those who are otherwise less actively engaged with our brand. We are creating an Email Center of Excellence to scale this program from monthly to weekly, and are seeking an Analyst/Senior Analyst to support this exciting, fast growing team.
The Customer Engagement Email is an industry-leading program powered by innovative hyper-personalization, modern email best practices, and a high degree of collaboration across the company. The program reaches 1.2 million Business Card Members and drives a phenomenal amount of engagement and revenue, with a 3 year compound annual growth rate of 150% per year. Our recent investments in technology and data science make this program a test kitchen for innovation and continued accelerated growth. The Email Center of Excellence team will leverage the best practices from our monthly program to coordinate and uplift our existing one-off email marketing to deliver a high frequency, individualized and hyper relevant email marketing curriculum to our customers.
This position will be responsible for leading the design, development, and execution of Customer Relationship Management’s most innovative marketing channel, by developing and implementing dynamic emails that curate customer marketing strategies using cutting edge technologies to drive significant growth for GCP. This role will be focused in three main areas:
- Leading the design, development, and execution highly visible and dynamic digital marketing that curates strategies from across the enterprise to deliver a personalized experience for each Card Member
- Channel performance optimization via Strategic Test & Learn plan development, Process Improvements, and ensuring that all content and links meet our Quality standards
- Communicating with partners and preparing status and results reports for senior leadership
In this role you will be responsible for delivering on critical KPIs for Global Commercial Services (GCS).
- Collaborate with a large, global team of partners and 3 external agencies to plan and execute the weekly Email program
- Support reporting and monitor KPI benchmarks for optimization
- Regularly checking existing offers and links to ensure that they are performing at or above goal. This will include the analysis of multiple spreadsheets and interaction with online data tracking systems
- Liaising with Technologies groups, advertising agencies, and other business partners to re-design and test enhanced versions of Card Member experiences
- Coordinating with Legal, Compliance, and other internal teams to ensure that all marketing offers are compliant with the latest regulations and verbiage
Assistance with ad-hoc projects and requests, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2+ years marketing experience (financial services experience is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial energy.
- Very focused on the customer – excited and passionate about creating great experiences.
- Ability to think and work independently
- Strong project management and relationship management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail – experience ensuring flawless execution in an environment with a significant amount of complex information and competing stakeholder priorities
- Experience managing a marketing campaign from kickoff to deployment
- Easily adapts to change and emotionally mature
- Critical thinker and resourceful problem solver.
- Demonstrates strategic thought leadership and intellectual curiosity to proactively identify opportunities, anticipate challenges, and provide creative solutions.
- Digital expertise preferred
- Experience with email and/or online channels and capabilities (e.g. A/B Tests, Omniture, Google Analytics, SalesForce, etc)
- Experience with digital marketing analytics reporting
- Experience growing and managing an end to end digital marketing campaign
- Adept at learning systems
- Results oriented
- History of exceeding goals in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Takes ownership for mistakes
- Sense of humor
• Experience in marketing operations and/or technology capabilities development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time