This is a Band 28 requisition.
•The FES International Payments Operations team is responsible for the accurate processing of International Payment transactions originating globally.
• Clients are able to pay for their transactions by sending cleared funds to American Express. In this role, the funds received on the American Express bank account need to be identified and matched against the client’s transaction before it can be released.
• The team is responsible for validating payments. In this process verification of IBAN, SWIFT code, Bank name are done through different channels such as Accuity, TGBR, IBAN checker, IBAN Decoder and Banker’s.
• The team also works on incoming wires and after due diligence releases it - An Incoming is where our client will organize a foreign currency to be credited to the corresponding FXIP foreign currency account. The Incoming Wire will convert these funds to either local currency or another currency and then they would be credited to a beneficiary.Monitor and validate all FX trades conducted by the global FXIP traders and ensure they are confirmed before the cut-off time to facilitate a timely settlement of funds.
• Demonstrating exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy whilst working under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Adherence to quality and accuracy to ensure processes are followed and KPIs achieved in order to release client payments successfully.
• Ensuring accurate and timely identification and matching of credits on the bank statement and recording of credits received and identification and reporting of discrepancies.
• Do root cause analysis for any process breakdown / exceptions & assist to resolve and fix the causes for the same.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
•Graduation/Post Graduation with relevant experience 1-3 yrs Preferably in Banking sector
• Strong reconciliation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and work to tight daily deadlines
• MS Office Skills
MUST HAVE :
• An in-depth and applicable knowledge of PCs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access) etc. Must be able to navigate successfully on Internet based applications.
• Ability to prioritize and work to tight daily deadlines (to meet currency cut off times).
• High level of ability in the use of, and understanding of Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to work within a team environment with diverse set of team members to achieve team goals.
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers.
• High levels of confidence to be able to independently deal with the Global Banking / Financial Institutions.
• Familiarity with banking procedures and terminology is desirable.
• Initiative and empowerment for self directed work and improvement.
• Must be able to meet deadlines to provide quality customer service and ensure departmental and business goals are achieved.
• Ability to grasp and retain large volumes of diversified information under concentrated timeframes
• Proven ability to make logical business decisions in the absence of policies and procedures.
• Strong customer-focused orientation and attention to detail.
• Proven negotiation/problem-solving skills. Strong flexibility/ adaptability to manage multiple tasks within stringent time frames while maintaining accuracy.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time