American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Executive, Regional European Merchant Marketing, GMNS
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMNS Marketing is responsible for partnering with markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale.
We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. It is also critical for GMNS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across American Express including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone to work within our GMNS Regional European Marketing organisation to manage the roll out, strategy and maintenance of regionalised communications and channels across key EMEA markets.
Specifically, you will have responsibility for:
- Leading and executing complex projects and communications across multiple stakeholder groups across Europe
- Managing project rolls outs, implementation and maintenance of multiple communications programs and channels
- Managing regional projects to enable digital and offline communications to the Merchant base (e.g. manage Welcome Process, support rollout of new CRM platforms, drive email capture strategy, and strengthen CCP treatments).
- Working alongside the European Marketing, Acquisition and Client Management organisations to drive business wide goals
- Appointing and managing creative agencies to ensure optimal delivery
- Having rigorous attention to detail around campaign set up, internal governance processes, audits and budget management
- Developing, requesting and analysing regular reporting and conducting analysis of communications performance to share with stakeholders
- Demonstrating value of AXP acceptance to our merchants across multiple communications channels
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The following are required for this position:
- University Degree preferably in marketing
- Experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders is essential
- Experience of working with external partners
- Experience of building marketing plans and implementing end to end projects
- Comfortable with analysing and working with data
- Passion for marketing, digital marketing and innovation
- Detail oriented, highly organised and strong project management
- Self-starter and solutions driven
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time