American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Collections Team Leader
Help our cardmembers experience our servicing philosophy, Relationship Care.
This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of a group of 12-15 Collections Specialists to provide excellent credit telephone service with the ultimate aim being to collect money and prevent losses in accordance with current Risk policies. They motivate our CCPs in servicing consumer customers to drive engagement and deepen loyalty. This is done through inbound and outbound customer contact in a call center environment. Responsibilities will include Charge, Revolve and Small Business accounts.
Delight our card members with extraordinary experience.
Are you ready for anything? Here are just some of the things that you can expect when you become a part of our growing team:
- Lead and develop a team to perform to demanding targets and goals in a customer contact environment.
- You will be able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with people of all levels.
- You will be working in a busy environment, therefore, the ability to think on your feet and work under pressure is essential whilst being able to make sound decisions using problem solving skills and thinking creatively.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls from our consumer and small business card members whose accounts are flagged as overdue or delinquent using written and verbal communication
- Goal setting, Performance reviews and development plan for all direct reports.
- Responsible for delivery of all customer and shareholder metrics as per goals
- Work closely with the US Risk Management and other stakeholders
- Manage churn / attrition of team members. Support CSAT initiatives in enhancing / meeting external (Voice Of Card Member) metrics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum total work experience of 5 years
- Direct people leading experience of 3-5 years in a Premium call center customer service environment (preferably in BFSI account)
- A working knowledge of the Third Party Consumer Credit Card Collections Landscape is required.
- Good working interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- Superior global thinking and strong process/quality improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourceful.
The real deal in American Express
In American Express, we pride ourselves through the following competencies:
- Focuses on Customer/Relationship Care
- Builds diverse talent
- Builds and leverages relationships
- Drives Improvements & Solutions
- Drives results
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work primarily during night shift including weekends and holidays.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time