American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Front End Engineer - Mobile & Web Engineering
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Experience in converting mockups and wireframes into functioning applications
- Experience with rapid prototyping / simulations / iterative design
- Understanding of HTTP interaction with browsers like request types, request headers, synchronous/asynchronous requests.
- Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a browser
- Experience at using browser development tools
- Experience in any CMS based application is a plus
- Experience and understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Commitment to software practices of Continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time