Come join the Data Insights Engineering team which is a core foundational platform that helps drive decisions that impact our customer experience. The platform is leveraged by various teams in the company.
We build and operate highly available, and scalable services using the micro-service architecture to provide a real time analytical services and ML models which feed off on real-time data.
We are constantly evolving our services and infrastructure. We are also at the beginning of designing new micro services to make our ecosystem more comprehensive for increasing data and metadata needs. We are looking for an experienced senior distributed systems engineer to help us continue with our real time analytical journey.
Specifically, you will help:
* Build new micro-services that help manages our rapidly growing data hub.
* Build services to perform real time data processing at scale for relational, analytical queries across multi-dimensional data.
* Build services that generalize stream processing to make it trivial to source, sink and stream process data.
* Improve efficiency, reliability and scalability of our data ingestion pipelines
* Lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate with engineers across organizations.
* Help contribute to our services and tools on to create OSS tools. Share our experiences and collaborate with the open source communities.
* You have 6+ years of experience in building large scale distributed applications.
* You are an expert in Java / Scala and Spark or some other stream processing system.
* Reasonable experience with Linux
* Mathematically inclined and strong bias to action.
* You like creating ways to achieve low latency responses
* You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
* Most importantly, you are thrilled to help solve our big data challenges which are analytical.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2018, 8:36:45 PM