American Express Careers
Engineer - Java/Big Data
- Design the next generation real time and batch platform on Big Data technologies to execute complex machine learning algorithms and rules for capacity management.
- Functions as member of an Agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools, common components, and documentation.
- Provide direction and mentorship to a small team of 4-8 Programmers.
- Typically spends 75% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases.
- Develops deep understanding of business logic, intent and long-term objectives to align priorities and develop long life solutions.
- Writes code and unit tests, may work on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing.
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
- Works closely with Product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Works with Product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years strong experience in design and development of Enterprise grade applications using Java, J2EE.
- Big Data: Hadoop, MapReduce, PIG, Hive, etc.
- Experience and strong concepts in :
- Spring framework (MVC, JDBC, Spring Boot).
- UI frameworks (Angular/React).
- SOA principles, Microservices and RESTful API development.
- RDBMS and NoSQL databases .
- Maven/Gradle, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GIT and deployment tools), Logging concepts and ELK/Splunk, Junit/TestNG/Spock/Mockito.
- Reactive frameworks RXJava, spring reactor, vert.x.
- Concepts in Cloud app. development (Openshift/AWS, Docker, vagrant etc.).
- Distributed caches like Redis, In Memory Computing (Ignite/Gridgain).
- Drools or other Rules management system.
- Skills in test automation (Selenium, Rest Easy, LISA) and testing tools (Jmeter/Gatling).
- Monitoring and dashboarding tools Graphite or Graphana.
- Message Streaming (Solace, Kafka).
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time