American Express Careers
Director UK Market HR
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Reporting to the VP, EMEA Market HR. The Director, Market Human Resources UK will be responsible for core HR deliverables including Talent Planning, Colleague Engagement and Advocacy and Colleague Development to drive business outcomes for the UK market. The Director will also be accountable for:
- Representing the HR voice and the needs of the full colleague base in the UK Market
- Leading local talent planning for the Market and driving career management and colleague development
- Ensuring a “One Amex” approach to colleague engagement
- Driving change management efforts in the Market
- Collaboration with Centers of Excellence and HR Business Partners to deliver a great value proposition and experience for all colleagues in the Market
- Providing leadership support to the extended Human Resources team in the Market
- Leading a team of HR Professionals
- Lead the design and delivery of the Market Colleague Plan. Coordinates with HRBPs, COEs and other Market HR colleagues to ensure alignment and effective deployment of key initiatives. Leverages data and sees linkages across multiple lines of business. Effectively deploys the right tools and solutions to drive engagement and business results. Ensures location level focus on Market level issues and solutions, including talent, engagement, diversity, etc.
- Partner with COEs and business leaders to build the employment brand in Market
- Ensures HR has plans in place to manage change projects (which can be LOB-driven partnering with LOBs/ HRBPs) within the Market including restructuring, acquisition, real estate and other large scale changes affecting talent movement
- Creates a high-performing Market HR team
- Contributes to a “One HR” team culture across all HR resources in the Market and encourages team work. May serve as a point of integration for all HR activities in the Market
- In partnership with COEs, plays a key role in leading talent planning and execution for Directors and below in the Market and leads local talent reviews that result in effective succession planning, improved bench strength, development opportunities, and retention of high potential colleagues
- Supports the VP and above talent review process to provide input to the HRBP and COE to identify top Director and above talent in Market and action talent movement
- Supports strategic career management and planning across the colleague base looking at specific segments of talent
- Partners with Recruitment to ensure both short and long-term talent acquisition strategies meet business needs
One AXP HR:
- Ensure local compliance requirements are understood and adhered to
- Models and leads the “One Amex” approach within the businesses and ensures a strong brand for American Express in the market partnering with COEs and leaders.
- Supports local initiatives and represents AXP in local communities in partnership with business leaders
Employee Engagement and Advocacy:
- Develops and drives execution of the colleague engagement strategy for the Market
- Ensures Market compliance with HR policies, local workforce laws and regulations
- Partners with Compensation & Benefits to ensure C&B effectiveness within Market
- Maintains a focus on colleague advocacy in all matters
- Partners with and supports the GELR COE on local employee relations
- Partners with the L&D COE to ensure appropriate development programs are deployed for the colleague base – targeted as appropriate – and outcomes measured to ensure fit for purpose
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Relevant HR experience and leadership
- Strong people leader, with the ability to engage and create “followership” from others. Creates vision and provides clarity for team
- Business knowledge and financial acumen
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, and flex between a big picture view and detailed execution
- Understanding of the local talent landscape, pipeline, and labour market
- Excellent communication skills able to cascade complex messages in simple form and ensure colleagues can see how what they do day to day supports the company’s strategic priorities and direction
- Keen focus on driving measurable high impact outcomes
- Demonstrable keen focus on and concern for the overall colleague experience
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues, challenge the status quo, and confront difficult issues
- Awareness and understanding of the local culture and how things work in the local market
- Ability to identify and coordinate resources to deliver services/solutions across
- Track record in successful management of employee relations, with awareness of evolving employment legislation and practice
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time