American Express Careers
Engineer - Strong Core Java Needed
- Entry level ability in software development.
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate.
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience required.
- Able to understand and leverage advanced data structures and associated components.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications .
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work.
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided.
- Has understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s).
- Intermediate knowledge of infrastructure technologies and components.
Nice to have:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time