American Express Careers
Mobile and Web Engineer
Mobile and Web engineering portfolio consists the most mission critical applications for americanexpress.com such as Manage your card account, Digital Acquisition, Membership Rewards, Amex.com Mobile applications etc. Mobile and Web engineering enterprise applications are highly available applications and platform, maintains high (~99.9+) availability in an extremely high throughput transaction system. This position is part of the Site Reliability Engineering organization for Mobile & Web Engineering, and will be responsible for leading Production support/DevOps.
QualificationsWhat will you be doing
You will be part of the production support team, lead Incident and change management activities. Monitor applications, create alerts, circumvent incidents, drive root cause analysis and develop automation
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent 2-5 years of work experience
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Detailed understanding of application flows, Proactive monitoring needs of production systems
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem management and support procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and technology teams
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to resolve infrastructure (cloud) and application issues in Production environment
- Manage application monitoring and work towards implementing automated monitoring scripts
- Expertise with Splunk programming - writing queries, building dashboards, configuring alerts, and reports
- Strong knowledge and experience with linux System Engg and scripting languages utilizing solid coding practices (code re-use, functions, comments) – Python, Perl and Shell
- Strong Knowledge of Java and Java script technologies
- Preferred experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Preferred experience working with Jenkins and any open source CICD tools
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience on JBOSS and Node JS
- Preferred Experience on modern databases ( Redis, couchbase ..)
- Preferred experience working with network load balancers such as Big IP f5 and design/development of iRules.
- Self-driven with a strong sense of urgency, commitment to deadlines and deliverables
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time