American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Assistant - Global Merchant Network Tech
- Plans logistics for management of a global organization: including town halls, business reviews, leadership team meetings, working sessions, and regional/global trips
- Actively seeks formal and informal feedback from employees to ensure maximum employee engagement and improve leadership effectiveness
- Drafts communications content, including business reviews for senior leadership meetings, strategy/update presentations, town hall presentations, employee communications and organizational newsletter
- Manages the Network Modernization leadership requirements (e.g., leadership team meetings, PMP, employee engagement initiatives, investment plan, etc.)
- Lead goal-setting and measurement process for the VP team
- Manages special projects across the wide array of needs in the organization
- Create good working relationships with the Manager/Director Assistants across the organization to maximize information sharing, problem solving and idea generation for key business issues
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, think strategically and globally
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Proven work experience within areas such as HR, Project Management or Technology
- Passion, energy, personal accountability and a desire to learn and grow as a leader
- Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building, communication and follow through skills
- Proven ability to take complex technical information and translate it into clear communications (presentations/memos) for a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within American Express
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to communicate with confidence and composure to effectively interact with and often lead senior management without authority
- Must have proven strategic thought leadership and financial acumen with an ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots,” and drive results, all while working with minimal direction
- A team player who is able to build consensus and work across a large and diverse organization
- Active listening skills, summarization skills and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible when faced with changing priorities
- Able to deal with confidential information without exception;
- Prior technology experience/knowledge a plus
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or has equivalent work experience)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time