American Express Careers
Manager, Account Sales - UK GCS SME 'Mega' - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
An exciting and rewarding Career in B2B Account Sales, representing the Amex Brand. This is a phone based role, driving growth, retention and customer engagement across a portfolio of existing Mid and Large sized customers using strong sales and relationship management skills.
The International SME segment continues to be the key growth engine of American Express Global Corporate Payments and as such is a critical part of the strategic vision of GCP.
- Transform relationships with customers to achieve profitable growth and retention
- Develop and execute portfolio strategies for differentiated treatment and account prioritisation
- Creating and executing account strategies to uncover opportunities, whilst acting on threats and risks to maintain and grow American Express relationship
- Proactively manage an effective sales pipeline, identify and prioritise opportunities that support goal achievement
- Challenging Customers existing processes and to recommend Amex solutions to help Customers achieve their goals
- Ensuring Customers are supported to self-service so the successful candidate can focus on strategic activities
- Effectively deploy Amex global, regional and/or local data, resources and tools to deliver value, grow profitable charge volume and deepen client relationships
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment, to influence, collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally with a clear focus on executing growth and retention activities
- Ensures premium value is delivered that aligns with clients goals, delivers a positive customer experience and achieves customer advocacy
Key selling points:
- Significant growth area for Amex therefore visible role
- Opportunity to move into team leadership / Management
- Good earning potential
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Sales experience a must (preferably in a B2B environment)
- Customer focused
- Results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, persuade and challenge the status quo
- Experience of working and thriving in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage a demanding workload with short timelines and under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Strong collaborator
- Team player
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time