American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/Senior Manager, Product Development, Member-Get-Member
Member Get Member is American Express’s global acquisition referral program that taps into the passion our Cardmembers have for the brand and turns it into an acquisition opportunity. Through MGM, consumers and small businesses can recommend their friends, family and colleagues – the program engages our Cardmembers, allowing them to unlock true value for their friends with unique enriched offers, while earning rewards for themselves.
At the heart of our referral program, is a personalized referral link, which is unique to each Cardmember. It is integrated into the
This position will report into the Director, Member-get-Member within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) and would lead the charge on evolving the program into a new ‘Avatar’. The role has its roots in R&D and would lead envisioning and build for blue sky initiatives, aimed at unlocking growth segments by evolving the underlying value proposition, incentive structure, channels, etc.
The successful candidate would work with a small, close knit, agile tech team, to bring concepts/prototypes to market quickly, gather feedback and iterate. The candidate would own the overall product delivery roadmap and would need to ensure that innovative ideas can be smoothly converted into tangible delivery, the success of which can be evaluated through clear KPIs.
- Lead envisioning of new features and use cases which would lay the platform for program evolution.
- Provide thought leadership on evolution on what the new Avatar of Member get Member could like.
- Partner with Technology teams in an agile environment to translate business objectives and ensure product delivery per roadmap
- Partner with key stakeholders across major markets to bring concepts to market
- Define and develop user stories to support new product capabilities and attend agile planning ceremonies.
- Partner with MGM analytics to set-up tests, end-to-end tracking and reporting
Skills & Qualifications
- Experienced Product Owner (3-5+ yrs experience), well versed with user story creation, backlog grooming, sprint planning etc.
- Experience of collaborating with Technology partners, working as a core member of an Agile team and strong knowledge of Agile tools and methodologies
- Strong technical experience in developing both back-end and front-end capabilities.
- Experience in defining the UX/ UI for digital experiences. Passion for design and UX is highly valued. Ability to develop high fidelity mock-ups is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of lean hypothesis testing techniques for quick, iterative designs
- Superior relationship building and management skills, strong experience in influencing without authority with key internal and external stakeholders and partners at a local and international level
- Highly collaborative, values strong team dynamics and is proactive in supporting market partners
- Exceptional problem solving skills to find solutions to challenges or barriers in ambiguous environments
- Proven track record of driving results within digital space; takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared acquisition goals
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to interpret various data to drive strategy and innovation
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in developing and managing referral programs a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time