American Express Careers
Analyst, Strategic Planning
- Facilitate and Support cross-functional initiatives impacting multiple business functions, including linkages and dependencies with groups outside of the Global Services Group.
- Provide Analysis in support of the strategic direction, helping identify overall priorities, conducting end-to-end process and benchmarking assessments, and support the development of a comprehensive roadmap for the program.
- Develop and contribute specific components of the program (Workstreams), partnering with internal and external stakeholders, and helping shape the End-to-End roadmap associated with such program.
- Be an Ambassador for change across a variety of areas, facilitate and enforce appropriate governance and communication cadence, and balance short-term and long-term strategy development and execution based on the specific needs of the program assigned.
- Partner with multiple teams including Operations, Capabilities, Technologies, Enterprise Digital & Analytics, Amex Digital Labs, and Marketing, among others to develop collaborative approaches to jointly addressing key business opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology or related required, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience in analytics, business strategy and project management execution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong thought leadership including ability to quickly understand critical linkages and business strategies
- Ability to identify patterns and propose unconventional solutions to long-standing business problems, as well as the ability to act as a catalyst for change
- Strong analytical background skills, including a proving ability to translate complex and disparate information to develop a comprehensive and cohesive business strategy
- Working knowledge of American Express Global Servicing Network priorities, internal processes, capabilities, and associated data
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate key points, outline a strategic framework and bring the story to life
- Experience working with large scale global projects with multiple business partner relationships and stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong ability to operate in a matrix organization and proven ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and business partners proactively
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, including the ability to negotiate desired outcomes with limited or imperfect data and strong ability to lead without authority
- Experience with Digital Transformation efforts, including Web, Mobile App, Chat, and/or Messaging deployments strongly preferred
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time