American Express Careers
Field Sales Business Development Manager (North West)
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Our Global Commercial Payments teams develop and deliver innovative, compelling and award-wining solutions that provide UK businesses with greater visibility and control of their spend. With significant global investment, we’re continuing to boost our UK team and product portfolio.
We’re achieving double digit year on year growth with our sales force reaping the rewards. We’re now looking for talented and driven business development professionals to join this high profile and growing team.
Our Field Sales Managers are responsible for Commercial Card Sales acquisition of local business for companies with a turnover above £19M. You will be responsible for developing a sound, commercial card self generation acquisition sales plan for your territory, aligned with the business and segment strategies. You will ensure that all planning, tracking and reporting are timely and accurate.
You will develop your sound product knowledge and selling skills to develop and execute strategies. Adopting a positive, energized and solution orientated approach within the team and sales organization, you will develop collaborative relationships with operations and other key linkages. Most importantly, you will be personally accountable for growing the Commercial Card business through the acquisition of new middle market corporate customers.
- Create a sales plan
- Identify new business opportunities
- Cold call prospective businesses
- Utilise structured methodology to acquire new business
- Completion of all documentation addressing risk and compliance requirements
- Ensure personal sales targets are delivered upon
- Effectively manage your pipeline
- Ensure personal reporting requirements are delivered on time and to required standards
- Work in a collaborative team environment and develop linkages across the team and across business units
- You will be established by American Express as a ‘home worker’ and supplied with all office furniture and the technology to support this
- A full clean UK driving licence is required as a car will be provided
You’ll enjoy a collaborative culture and one where you have ultimate control over your earning potential - accordingly you’ll receive an excellent, uncapped commission package, based purely on your personal contribution.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Experience in corporate sales in a field role with solid success in new business development
- Proven ability to source leads
- Extensive B2B cold calling experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time