American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Account Development GCG
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
GCS (Global Commercial Service) is a truly global service provider offering corporate payment and expense management solutions throughout the world to some of the largest and most demanding corporate clients.
The GCS team has specialist expertise in account management, implementation, and Management Information and management consultancy. Expense management is GCS’s core business. GCS invests heavily in its business and uses its expertise and innovation to maintain competitive leadership. Our customers include 83% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
AmEx GCS – Global Client Group
The Global Client Group manage the top 130+ Corporate Accounts globally with the aim to drive spend to American Express Corporate products, by adding value, building and developing strong relationships with clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the GCS Global Client Group for an Account Development Manager role with responsibility for a portfolio of some of our most prestigious customers.
The role is responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Interfacing with various levels and divisions of American Express and the local account managers globally
- Broadening and deepening American Express relationships across the clients’ organizations with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers to ensure excellence in service delivery
- Oversee ongoing servicing, operational, regulatory, debt management and reporting needs/projects
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial acumen, including negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate value propositions and drive results in a team oriented environment
- Strong communication, project and time management skills
- Experience of upselling within an account management capacity
- Strong analytical skills and P&L Fluency
- Ability to problem solve effectively, think strategically and prioritize
- Outstanding Presentation and Communication Skills, ability to work virtually using initiative.
- Excellent influencing skills at a senior level
This role is a perfect opportunity for someone working within a B2B account management/ sales role, who has experience of managing large accounts and can demonstrate the interpersonal skills and influencing abilities to work with senior clients within the Purchasing, Finance and Treasury departments. Financial services experience is not essential but the confidence and capability to learn quickly and demonstrate an understanding of financial concepts is.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Fantastic career opportunities, open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time