American Express Careers
Director-Operations (Global New Accounts)
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 11th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
The Global Servicing Network (GSN) delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, merchants and commercial clients around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services. Our front-line care professionals and specialists handle more than 130 million customer interactions every year. Each interaction is a chance to bring the brand to life for our customers and help build on Amex’s reputation for trust, security and service.
Monitor ongoing business results driving Customer Satisfaction. Monitor individual Team Leader performance relative to objectives and articulate performance / improvement needs.
• Monitors VOCM, CHT, HOC and other customer/Shareholder indicators closely and addresses gaps for identified process.
• Reduce Cancellation rates and drive improvement in automation rates. Focus on creating seamless processes which require minimal manual intervention and provide the customer with a better experience and the organization with a more efficient process.
• Focus on Internal Quality – BST and HOC. Facilitate audit, perform reviews and deliver feedback across site / process.
• Drive schedule adherence and attendance to improve gross availability at a process and site level.
• Focus on cost control through periodic reviews, suggest cost saving process (efficient) enhancements, support infrastructure and facilities maintenance and manage operational expenses as per budget.
• Ensure FTE ramp up as per schedule by working with Work Force Planning and HR, ensuring correct and timely hiring by HR, coordinating training with the training organization and all OJT support requirements.
• Conduct periodic reviews of existing talent and facilitate employee development through internal and external means. Ensure succession planning.
• Work closely with HR in identifying and creating a strategy to attract and retaining talent.
• Maximize and encourage “Employee Engagement” through effective & timely communication while utilizing various leadership development programs to develop talent.
• Innovate, have a strong analytical bent of mind. Be comfortable with numbers. Use data to identify, articulate and solve business problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated. Have the ability to integrate effectively with the larger Global New Accounts network.
• Create strong linkages with network partners . Deliver on goals which are key priorities for the network.
• Overall 10+ years of experience in Operations management and leading large teams.
• Project Leadership experience in order to manage department-wide initiatives.
• Experience in group dynamics, team empowerment, and individual development, to include experience with the process of staff development.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, presentational and employee interaction.
• Analytical experience to deal with complex business problems (For Example Six Sigma, GB certification etc.)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time