American Express Careers
Sr Mgr - Product Development - Enterprise Platforms
- Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with business objectives
- Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value.
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance test criteria within Business and Technology initiatives.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories.
- Partner with international AR peers to drive capability globalization and market adoption of platform capabilities where appropriate
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Enable analytics drive decision making. Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap.
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Review existing products and workflows for modernization opportunities.
- Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement.
- Champion, support and implement of agile principles
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Software Product Management (or Technical Product Management)
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap from inception through maintenance while maintaining a customer first mindset.
- Experience with a Bank Accounts Receivable or Payment or Lending Product preferred
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Excellent executive presence with strong written & verbal communication.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies
- High degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scrum, Agile, Scaled Agile Framework and principles; proficiency in Design Thinking a plus
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
- Ability to manage scope against team capacity.
- Ability to think creatively and influence decision making across departments and levels within the organization.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and software architecture patterns preferred
- Quick learner and driven to learn new functionality
- Can decompose abstract information into meaningful features
- Comfortable working with uncertainty or shifting business requirements
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time