American Express Careers
Senior Engineer-Security Big Data Analytics
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Engineer who likes working in a fast paced big data analytics environment. The combination of Information Security and the amount of data to explore gives any engineer a challenging opportunity to test their skills!
This person will be part of a talented team of individuals building data solutions\\products in the field of Cyber Security and improving the security posture of the organization.
More specifically, this person will have the following responsibilities:
- Hands on development of a large scale graph store for the organization
- Work in collaboration with a team of engineers/data scientists
- Provide strategic experience in building ongoing data discovery solutions for the organization
- Is a critical thinker and highly innovative
- Will adopt and work in a quickly changing technology landscape
- Is a self-starter who requires minimal instructions to accomplish the goal
- 7-10 years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable experience
- Demonstrated programming experience in at least one of the programming languages Java, Python, Scala or C++ is required
- Experience in at least one graph computing framework such as Neo4j, JanusGraph or any open source graph framework e.g. TinkerPop required
- Experience in at least one traditional RDBMS store i.e. PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle required. Should be proficient in SQL language
- Experience in big data technology stack such as Apache Spark, Kafka (or other messaging platforms), in memory data stores such as Redis highly desirable
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch, Couchbase or Cassandra, desirable
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including, strong presentation skills
- Builds and Leverages Relationships: Utilizes collaborative working practices
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time