American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist (Cantonese & English)
This team is responsible for merchant submission monitoring and merchant risk actioning and providing service to American Express merchants located across the Asia Pacific and Australia/New Zealand markets.
The specialists in the team will be required to provide excellent telephone service to our valued Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and China merchants.
The role is responsible for all merchant risk related queries involving activities, including and not limited to:
- Reviewing merchant daily submission and make decision to pay or suspend merchant payment
- Providing Merchant risk analysis and reviewing appropriate risk actioning on merchant
- Partnering with risk partner for merchant account investigation
- Utilizing worldwide policies and procedures and strive to offer excellent customer service as well as providing first contact resolutions to our valued merchant
- Investigating held/suspended payments with merchant and working with other internal department for resolution
- Investigating dispute/chargeback cases and liaise with merchants/other internal department accordance to our standard policy
- Partnering with Global Security for merchant investigation
- Liaising with various internal department such as merchant research team, maintenance team, dispute team, merchant services team regularly
- To be successful we seek a passionate customer service profession with strong call resolution skills and excellent relationship building skills.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Monthly Incentives – Based on customer experience (not sales), so you get rewarded for doing what you do best.
- Extensive paid 3 Months Training – Giving you the skills and training you need to be a success!
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 7 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold)
Best In House Contact Center (Gold)
Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold)
Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why.
- As a diploma or degree holder you will demonstrate strong analytical skills and have previous experience from the risk/call centre/service industry.
- Excellent English and Chinese (Cantonese) verbal & written communication skills are required
- We also seek a committed team player who is flexible to work on shifts hours as well as weekends & public holidays (when required).
- Advantageous, But not required: Additional language such as Mandarin
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time