American Express Careers
Lead Product Designer
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The American Express mobile team are looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team in London. The successful candidate will work with product owners & engineers in the ideation and development of mobile products and services.
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, UX/UI and delivery of mobile apps for American Express Card members globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in over 20 markets. Our team is a combination of high-performing design & product teams who are responsible for the definition and delivery of features in the Amex App – used by millions of Cardmembers around the world.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Mobile team, you will be responsible for running a growing team of Product Designers in our London office. In this role you will primarily lead the creative thought process and management of the pod structure and light operations. You will also be responsible for delivering user-based outcomes around a single theme in our product portfolio as well as the personal and career development of Product Designers.
Core Responsibilities of a Lead Designer:
- Oversees day-to-day of 1 Product Designer
- Leads Design Pod stand-ups with Design Manager
- Leads collaborative work sessions with Product Owners, Engineers, Business, Legal/Compliance, and other stakeholders
- Provides mentorship and guidance to direct reports
- Works with Product Director and Product Owners to refine outcomes for new projects
- Works with Design Manager to establish roadmaps and milestones for all new projects
- Works with Design Director to define strategic goals for all projects, and ensure projects are tracking towards team goals
- Works with other Lead Designers and Creative Director to review quality and consistency of team’s designs
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Mastery in one, excellence in at least one and competency in the remaining:
- Service Design / Design Thinking
- UX / Interaction Design
- UI / Visual Design
- Leadership / Management
- Communication and Collaboration with Product, Engineering, Business peers and other Stakeholders
- Proven track record of success in several shipped products as measured by Design Team Goals (as opposed to Product Goals)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time