American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Industrial Engineer II
The Global Card Issuance team manages service partners that provide card manufacturing, issuance and project support for all proprietary American Express cards globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting global engineering projects. The position requires the ability to lead global projects across multiple markets and time zones to effectively operate in the rapidly evolving payments space.
Global Issuance Engineering is responsible for supporting Global Card Issuance with:
Reengineering: sustainable reduction of operating expenses with the optimization of processes & systems through analytics
Analytics & Research: leading complex assessments to support strategies and business decisions, leveraging engineering principles and statistical techniques.
Strategy & Consulting: developing objective, quantifiable, and effective plans/recommendations to achieve business goals.
This role will be responsible for leading and supporting projects to achieve these business goals. Project work will concentrate into one of our Engineering workstreams: Supply Chain Optimization (vendors/suppliers, inventory management/planning), Defect Elimination (card damages, non-receives, return mail), and Delivery Optimization (when to rush, courier performance, courier assignments).
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent required.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
- Results driven with the ability to effectively manage initiatives to completion.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem solving methodologies.
- Strong ability to translate data analytics into impactful insights and actionable outcomes.
- Adept at developing solution options, recommendations, and proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Ability to communicate with in a clear, consistent manner.
- Strong demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrated self-starter.
- Experience or knowledge of engineering software and tools.
- Examples: TeraData; IDN; MiniTab; Hadoop; SAS; R; SQL; Excel; Access; Visio; and such
Experience, knowledge, and application of core engineering principles and methodologies:
- Such as: complex problem solving; cost benefit analysis; project management; strategic planning; data analytics; statistics; probability; operations research; simulation; data mining; regression analysis; forecasting; predictive modeling; quality control; statistical process control; work/motion study; design of experiments; Six Sigma; Lean; process mapping; value stream mapping; and such
- Experience and knowledge of card issuance systems, processes, and technologies preferred.
Such as: card manufacturing; card personalization; EMV; IHR; Exchange Media; and such.
- 0-3 years of work experience, internships, or relevant experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time