American Express Careers
Director, Enterprise SEO
Do you have a passion and a background in Search Engine Optimization? Do you consider yourself a key word guru? Does the thought of a high impact role that helps to drive results enterprise wide and globally at a great brand like American Express excite you? If so, we might have the right role for you!
The Enterprise Digital Platform team is chartered with building the core foundational frameworks and capabilities that deliver a seamless, connected customer experience throughout the digital customer lifecycle. A core part of this platform will be to provide an Enterprise SEO Framework that will enable American Express to drive high impact SEO programs enterprise wide and globally.
We are looking for a passionate SEO Director to lead the creation of the Enterprise SEO Framework that will enable us to deliver on our key objectives and KPI’s. This role will build a team of SEO experts whose charter will include strategy development, technical analysis, content optimization, competitor monitoring and much more. We are looking for an analytical and perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams in providing thought-leadership, best practice approach and innovation to maximize the potential of natural search at American Express.
- Develop and implement enterprise capabilities for effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Own enterprise keyword strategy that can be leveraged by local market teams
- Provide SEO requirements into the development of digital experiences & the necessary governance to ensure the requirements are being implemented
- Manage the SEO agency relationship for the Enterprise
- Evangelize and educate key stakeholders on SEO benefits
- Develop SEO friendly templates for business priorities
- Stay current on SEO trends and the competitive landscape
- At least 5+ years’ experience within the SEO industry
- Experience within a similar role in an agency environment is a plus
- A proven track record in delivering high performance SEO strategies for a range of clients
- Strong working knowledge of the latest SEO techniques and algorithm updates
- Success in leading a team; strong team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; advanced degree/MBA is an asset
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time