American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Supply Chain Finance & Dynamic Discounting
- Lead a team to drive the Supply Chain Finance and Dynamic Discounting products (jointly named Early Pay) from concept to launch and ongoing management. This would include delivering on growth targets as well as drive the internal technical build of the capabilities needed to offer the product to American Express' largest clients.
- Create clarity for Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Account Development, Risk and Technology Implementation in articulating the needs Supply Chain Finance solves for and its commercial value to buyers and suppliers and industries; drive the approval process for the product.
- Lead cross-functional teams to design and deliver Supply Chain Finance products to market with speed and agility, including with American Express Technology Integration teams
- Define design target for product ensuring a strong value proposition
- Work closely with operations to ensure flawless execution payment, fulfillment and risk actions
- Present Supply Chain Finance to American Express’ various business units and become the champion of the product internally
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in market place and develop plans to differentiate product offering
- Speak directly with clients to support the sales process and collect feedback on multiple versions of the product as it evolves
- Some travel required (10%)
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain Finance, Dynamic Discounting, Reverse Factoring and related invoice-based financing options
- 10+ years B2B experience, preferably with product management expertise
- Experienced people leader and change agent who can inspire the team and influence senior leadership
- Good understanding of B2B payment product buying/decision making triggers and experience of creating strategies to respond to them
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills; with a proven track record of gaining buy-in for product strategies
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences with varied backgrounds
- Knowledge of global payments platforms preferable
- Previous experience coding finance and commerce-related solutions preferable; Language not critical (e.g., Python, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Java, C++14)
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time