American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
We’re looking for a Java Back-end engineer to join a top talent team working on a fast evolving payment platform that is serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Someone who is passionate about shaping the future of commerce; Someone who is obsessive about good design and great code; Someone who can find elegant solutions to hard technical and functional challenges and can work well within and across teams with other bright minds.
- 5+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Back-end
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography
- Experience building and supporting distributed highly available systems
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Good communication skills
- High energy and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interest in new technologies and tools, industry best practices
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
- REST API design and implementation
- Database - Couchbase
- SOA, Micro-Services
- Reactive - Vertx, RxJava
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time