American Express Profesiones
Por favor introduzca una dirección válida de correo electrónico
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Global Merchant & Network Services Operational Excellence
Descripción del Trabajo
Overview of the Department:
•Global Merchant & Network Services brings together American Express' merchant-and network-related businesses. This includes: Global Merchant Services, which manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express; Global Loyalty Coalition which includes the international PAYBACK rewards programs; and Global Network Services, which brings together Global Network Partnerships and Global Network Operations.
• The objective of the Global Merchant and Network Services Operational Excellence team is to drive convergence, prioritization, and execution of control and compliance stakeholders’ expectations to ensure the business unit meets regulatory and internal policy requirements while balancing business goals and merchant satisfaction. To that end, the team is responsible for the oversight and governance of control and compliance programs and initiatives within the business unit. This includes leading global, local, and relevant legal entity activities and also includes execution against all components of the American Express Operational Risk framework.
The Manager, Global Merchant & Network Services Operational Excellence will be responsible for supporting core operational risk activities for the organization, as well as driving critical regulatory and compliance programs for the business unit, in Latin America and the Caribbean. This will include:
- Guiding the business with regulatory program oversight/governance, process risk self-assessment execution, audit activities, and the end-to-end risk assessment process as per new product reviews, platforms and capabilities.
- Executing targeted projects directed at resolution of control gaps, remediation of risk, and network alignment.
- Ensuring compliance with the American Express Issue Management framework.
- Directing the business and liaising with the Procurement organization on American Express policy requirements for managing third party risk.
- Driving priorities defined by the Compliance organization via annual goals.
- Ensure timely completion of relevant regulatory and compliance program deliverables.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Key requirements for the role include the following:
- 2+ years’ experience in operational risk management, internal control, or audit within the Banking or financial services industries.
- Understanding of the merchant servicing organization, related regulatory landscape, and supporting technology infrastructure.
- Understanding of operational risk concepts and programs, and expertise in American Express operational risk methodology, protocol, and tools.
- Ability to develop relationships with leaders, process owners, peers and control teams. Existing network across audit, operational risk, and compliance.
- Strong team player with ability to influence opinions without having direct authority.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to convey thought leadership in identifying emerging operational risk issues and to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to leaders.
- Strong project management skills and expertise in process redesign.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to travel.
- BA or BS degree
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo