American Express is changing the world at work with innovative solutions that help businesses manage their growth. We launched a suite of Digital Small Business Lending solutions to provide business owners with access to Working Capital and Short-term financing. This suite includes Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms, and Business Loans.
The launch of these small business lending services represents an exciting time at American Express as we expand our business model. Lending to small and mid-size companies to fuel their growth enables us to reinvigorate an important sector of our economy that does not always have easy access to cash. We are looking for an exceptional business leader to launch innovative new products that will help us realize the growth potential of the opportunity.
As Vice President- Global Business lending, you will apply your experience, knowledge and expertise to bring new ideas to life. You will engage with business partners in defining short term and long term priorities and lead a Product team to bring new ideas to life. This is a senior level role and we are looking for someone with a business transformation mindset, with expertise in New Product development and Agile. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, a penchant for problem solving and strong leadership skills.
The role will have interactions with senior management and the leadership team. You will be interacting and negotiating with business leaders across the enterprise.
- Lead a team of Product Owners and Directors to drive new product launches.
- Partner with cross functional teams in defining and implementing the Product Roadmap and Strategy
- Continue driving Agility, MVP, Test and Learn mindset within the organization.
- Partner with technologies and Architecture in shaping the future landscape of a global Lending platform
- Proven experience and expertise in Product Management, New Product Development and launch
- Experience building or managing B2B payments and lending products
- Ability to think big picture and have an execution mindset
- Knowledge of Agile Lean Startup and New Product Development processes.
- Strong track record of innovation and delivering results
- Strong communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships with partners of all levels and with competing priorities.
- Self-starter with a strong affinity for driving change
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant Product Experience
on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost
and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time