American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Finance, Data and Analytics
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality, teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others and personal accountability. As an employee you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. At American Express, you are among the “Best Global Brands.
- Providing sound financial guidance aligned to the overall company objectives in a time sensitive and consistent manner
- Analysing complex financial and business information from multiple data sources, deriving actionable business insights and recommendations and communicating these in a clear and concise manner to internal and external partners
- Providing decision support on key initiatives such as investment optimisation, partnerships, acquisitions, development of new products and other types of business development initiatives
- Deliver portfolio management insights that are driven by advanced analytics and data management
- Working across the broader Finance Organisation to ensure implementation of the Finance Transformation initiative (reporting, planning, forecasting, etc.) to strengthen processes and tools and bring efficiencies to the organisation
- Strong collaboration and relationship building ability is essential including the ability to influence others without having direct authority and manage multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Experience synthesizing and communicating complex concepts, opportunities, recommendations and strategy (choices where to compete, what business model to employ, how to achieve competitive differentiation, how to allocate investment resources to achieve strategic ambitions, etc.) to Sr. Leadership
- Very strong financial analysis and modelling skills are essential, with proven ability to drive analytical output aimed at identifying trends, developing key insights and required decisions for senior management
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects end-to-end, from ideation to delivery, with an innovative mindset to challenge the status quo
- Previous working experience in a data/financial role, with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering and Economics) is essential.
- Experience with SAS or any Big Data coding languages is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time