American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Boutique Lifestyle Consultant (m/f), Vienna
As a Boutique Lifestyle Consultant within American Express, you will closely partner with the Core Lifestyle team by providing them with in-depth knowledge and provide consultative advice that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the local scene. Using effective questioning and rapport building within the team, you will be able to make personalized recommendations to them through your understanding of the products and benefits available and ability to match these to the Card Members’ requirements. American Express fosters a goal-oriented environment, where you will be frequently coached as our commitment to help you develop world-class consultative skills.
We want extraordinary Lifestyle Consultants who can be a vital team member and surpass our Card Members’ expectations by creating experiences of a lifetime.
As a Boutique Lifestyle Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as “Destination Concierges” who have up-to-date insider knowledge and secure access to exclusive, local hot-spots
- Gathering and sharing local content through knowledge platforms, and manage relationships with top restaurants and other destinations
- Actively participate and knowledgeable in the local cultural events, restaurants, clubs, etc.
- Acting as the expert “feet on the ground” to drive real insights, supporting high-touch servicing
- Participating team member that will receive warm transfers from other lifestyle agents
- Gathering and sharing local content through knowledge platforms
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Associate Degree – in Travel Related Field (Tourism) or >12 months previous travel-related work experience
- Destination Knowledge
- Deep destination knowledge, complex travel experience and itinerary building
- Extensive local knowledge with the existing or ability to cultivate deep relationships with local establishments and suppliers
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Premium and luxury customer interactions, experience and knowledge – product, venues, exclusive offerings, etc.
- Our customers have very different requirements from call to call so you will need to be able to identify these through the rapport you build and confidently match products and services to meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- The ability to communicate with our customers is vital to your success in this role. It is important to be able to adapt your approach to the customer, providing personal insight and building a strong rapport. Your customer interaction will mainly be on the phone but strong written skills via e-mail are also very important
- Previous call center experience is preferred
- Expert local native language ability German is required (English mandatory)
- You must be IT literate as you will need to be able to understand and use Internet search sites and e-mail, in addition to the other in-house systems. There is a great deal of multi-tasking involved in these roles and your ability to quickly and confidently navigate a number of systems at once will be vital
- Research / information gathering and problem solving skills are essential, you will deal with a wide variety of inquiries so your ability to ‘think on your feet’ and provide in-depth solutions quickly and efficiently is essential
- Sales and portfolio experience and management – analyzing, diagnosing and proposing various options to card members
- Sales experience will be beneficial so that you can cross-sell relevant products and services.
- Effective consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Time management skills are vital – due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, you will need to be re-prioritizing your workload regularly in order to meet your deadlines
- The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Must have a ‘can-do attitude’, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Willingness to accept frequent feedback and coaching with an openness to incorporate these changes in service style
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and weekends is essential
The minimum salary is 26.600 EUR.
At American Express you’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and will enjoy all the competitive benefits, training and career opportunities you’d expect from such a diverse and successful international organisation.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time