American Express Careers
Senior Manager of Client Management (Virtual -Washington D.C. / Virginia)
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 90 cross industry merchant relationships in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace and the challenges they face.
- Elevate, deepen and broaden C-Level, Finance, IT and Marketing Relationships within portfolio and maintain a thorough and up to date understanding of merchants business and goals
- Provide proactive consultation that will expand client relationships, drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop & execute strategic plans for identified accounts to increase revenue, improve operational efficiencies and identify future growth opportunities.
- Increase American Express relevance by consistently & effectively communicating the value story.
- Track and evaluate business results and build new alliances with shared benefit for all partners
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans
- Candidate should have minimum of 5 years of proven success in strategic account management/sales and portfolio planning
- Strong track record of relationship management & consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within the portfolio.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Must be highly customer focused, a self starter and a results-driven individual.
- Must have the ability to build a value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customer’s business model in addition to strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis in order to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
- Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications
- Candidate must reside in Virginia or Washington, D.C and be able to work in a virtual office environment with some overnight travel required
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time