American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Employee Relations Specialist
This role will be part of a regional Employee Relations Center of Excellence and will be responsible for primarily handling Employee Relations issues and concerns via a phone-based model. This position will support multiple sites and businesses throughout the U.S. with a specific focus in their geographic region.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, value added, consultative relationship with business leaders and Human Resource Business Partners across the American Express Blue Box, and to identify and resolve employee issues within these groups. This individual is responsible for coaching and advising leaders and employees on all performance management issues including absenteeism, performance, conduct and harassment, and ensuring compliance with policies, practices and applicable employment legislation. They will provide consultation and resolution guidance to promote a positive workplace culture.
The Employee Relations Specialist must manage a broad range of tasks including the interpretation and development of policies and procedures, facilitating training on key Employee Relations issues, and contributing to the development and implementation of Employee Relations programs based on line of business goals and HR strategy. In some instances, this individual will conduct complaint investigations and facilitate resolutions, while identifying process improvement opportunities and policy gaps through trend analysis. This position is also responsible for providing consultation and guidance to leaders during large scale reorganizations and Reductions in Force.
The Employee Relations Specialist is required to effectively partner and consult with business partners throughout American Express to include, HR Business Partner community, Compliance, Safety, Security, Health Services, and General Counsel's Office.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources experience with a strong. understanding of employee relations and employment law.
- Experience in an HR consulting role with a demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with different levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in presenting, and contributing to the development of employee communications and training programs.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to conduct investigations and drive to positive resolution.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time