American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Full Stack Web Development Engineer
As a Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- 6 years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, SQL, DBMS
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Able to understand and leverage complex data structures and associated components
- Has mastery in XLR, Jenkins, SonarCube, Junit, Maven, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time