American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Internal/PR Communications Analyst- Global Commercial Services
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, and innovative communications specialist to join our team as Senior Analyst, Internal Communications, supporting the Chief Commercial Officer and his office in the Global Commercial Services (GCS) business.
GCS serves small, mid-sized, large businesses and over 60% of Fortune 500 companies globally and you will play a critical role in sustaining and growing a high performing culture across the Global Marketing, Sales and Client Management teams by creating content that inspires, empowers and connects our people.
You’ll help to break down the silos between internal business areas, help to create “one team”, and improve overall employee satisfaction. You will also support internal communications and employee engagement programs. You will report into the Vice President, Global Strategy & Business Planning within the Office of the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with communications colleagues across the globe.
- Support the Chief Commercial Officer in delivering consistent, effective, creative and impactful employee engagement and internal communications content/programs
- Collaborate, partner and consult with global senior leaders, business partners and colleagues such as Public Relations/Corporate Affairs, Executive Offices, HR, Product Management, Operations, Marketing, Sales & Client Management and other subject matter experts to assess global internal communications needs and create content/programs that ultimately support the Chief Commercial Officer and the business.
- Ensure high-quality and effective execution and delivery of content/programs – measure effectiveness and iterate as needed
- Partner with internal colleagues to create, manage and publish content for the GCP Community, American Express square website and LinkedIn platform.
- Support executive communications as needed, including managing and coordinating event logistics and providing on-site support for various town halls and other large-scale events, as well as internal memos to the organization
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, or a related subject
- Significant experience in communications
- Proven content creation (writing/editing) and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively about work and transform communications into engaging experiences using social tools, video and other media.
- Comfortable working with all levels across the organization and proven ability to influence
- Proven ability to drive results and success
- Ability to create and drive communication strategies
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues across the globe
- Track record of managing multiple projects at once with competing priorities and in a high pressure environment
- Proven strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and implement
- Fluent user of social media and experience working with enterprise social networking tools.
- Enthusiastic, fun, flexible and demonstrates a willingness to learn
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Knowledge in employee and executive communications management, change management
- Advertising or Communications Agency experience a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time