American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Manager - Global Commercial Services - Lending Products Analytics
GCS (Global Commercial Services) is the American Express team dedicated exclusively to the success of Corporate Clients and Small Business Owners (SBOs). This newly created Manager of Lending Product Analytics position will be part of a small team focused on driving deep analytics across both the Global Corporate Payments and Small Business Charge portfolios. Projects are designed to create insights that the Finance and business teams can leverage to influence key strategic decisions to achieve both short and long-term objectives. The business relies on such tools as Proprietary and CoBrand Lending Cards, Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms solutions, and Business Loans to distribute via the optimal channels (field, marketing, digital, etc.) to the appropriate customer segment and market. Value proposition enhancements, investment optimization, segmented customer profitability, and pricing structures will be key strategic priorities for this group. The position will be part of the GCS Product & Strategy Finance Team that provides decision support and drives key financial analyses primarily to the Global Product Management team in the GCS business.
This role will interact with key Finance teams across AXP as well as our GCS business partners, Risk, Controllership, and other cross-functional teams to help deliver against the strategic and financial objectives. To be successful, the candidate will need to collaborate with the business to help them understand the financial impacts of their decisions as well as provide financial insights that can be used to modify current and future product decisions. Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, passion for the business, resourcefulness, and comfort working in an unstructured environment are essential for success in this position.
- Provide analytical and decision support to the GCS Lending Product Management teams.
- Analyze product profitability and influence strategic decisions through financial analyses.
- Identify and create analyses that support business decisions that will improve product economics and help leaders move the business forward.
- Partner with the Product Management teams to develop and analyze investment and reengineering opportunities.
- Provide analytical support for investment opportunities related to the Lending businesses.
- Able to work in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners to influence decisions and drive results.
- Strong analytic and modeling capability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, deliver superior quality products, while adhering to time sensitive deadlines, and attention to detail with accuracy.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic are essential.
- Able to collaborate across teams and resourceful to find the optimal data source, approach, and solution.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time