Overview of the Department:
Global Merchant Services Marketing, part of the GM&NS organization is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
This exciting opportunity is on the Custom Consulting team within the US GMS Marketing organization. GMS Marketing drives value to the broader Merchant Services organization by engaging the merchant base and delivering impactful marketing and insights solutions. By focusing on the customer needs first, the team owns and delivers solutions that not only impact the bottom line for GMS, but help increase merchant satisfaction. This role partners with senior level executives and leaders on critical issues including attracting and retaining customers, understanding market trends, evaluating competitive positioning and market share changes, and improving marketing effectiveness. The role leverages core assets including digital marketing channels, as well as an industry-leading global database of transaction, demographic and firmographic information.
This Senior Manager position will be a partner-facing subject matter expert responsible for end-to-end project ownership of digital marketing and business insights consultations with national merchants in the Grocery, Oil/Gas, and Telecom industries. Key external partners include Exxon, Whole Foods/Amazon, Comcast and FreshDirect.
Role responsibilities include driving the consultative sales process, drafting proposals, managing analytic and marketing engagements, and presenting findings to clients. The Senior Manager is responsible for end-to-end campaign implementation and will work with teams including execution specialists, creative agencies and data management teams to deliver marketing and insights solutions. The Senior Manager will also interface with key internal partners including Client Management, Membership Rewards, Enterprise Digital and Consumer Marketing.
A strong candidate should be able to construct customized card member segmentation, recommend marketing channels and offer constructs, and compile campaign result presentations. Successful candidates will be collaborative, detail oriented, strategic and highly effective at communicating and influencing internal and external partners. Candidates should have a successful track record of driving multiple projects from beginning to end with a focus on flawless execution.
- Effective partner management experience, including a track record of success building/nurturing relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong problem solving, project management, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to diagnose client needs and match with American Express marketing assets
- Experience translating complex, technical information to a non-technical audience
- Comfort presenting sometimes complex content to senior executives
- Strong executive presence with the ability to probe client needs and propose real-time customized solutions
- Quantitative skills that enable the analysis of data sets to arrive at ‘so what’ insights and actionable recommendations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize across a portfolio of clients and projects
- MBA or equivalent is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time