American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Executive Assistant Global Advertising & Brand Management - 9 month secondment
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM) creates worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships and experiences. The Global Brand Planning (GBP) and Global Product Communications (GPC) teams help bring American Express’ most important asset to life: our brand! The GBP & GPC teams have a global footprint, which provide strategic planning and communications expertise to business units across the Blue Box.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to 3 Vice Presidents based in London: VP, Global Brand Planning and both VP, Global Product Communications. Candidate must exercise considerable discretion and good judgment, as well as ability to interface and work with senior level business leaders and their offices. The ideal candidate must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure.
- Organizing and proactively maintaining calendars, including scheduling meetings across multiple time-zones, using a high level of tact and integrity
- Assisting the VPs with appropriate email delegation, booking meetings, and reacting and corresponding on their behalf
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions regarding prioritisation of meetings
- Very strong computer skills across a range of applications
- Ability / understanding of how to navigate large matrixed organisations
- Exceptional ability to multi-task
- Team player who can build strong relationships across the organisation
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time