American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Counsel - Employment Law - Future Needs
- Providing general employment law support to the Human Resources function in the UK collaborating with and advising HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, Reward, Recruitment and Talent Management.
- Working closely with Market and Line of Business HR teams to support the completion of their goals.
- Advising generally in relation to non-contentious employment issues and ensuring good practice legal compliance.
- Providing advice on a wide range of employment issues including
- Providing support on the implementation of legal developments and initiatives and review of related materials, drafting and negotiation of policies and procedures especially as part of an international or global company.
- Owning, developing, leading and delivering in-house training sessions to HR
- Managing litigation by instructing and liaising with outside counsel and business owners and ensure appropriate reporting and reserves in accordance with applicable accounting policies
- Forging strong relationships with external counsel
Why American Express?
You will also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Excellent relationship management and people skills. Keen to collaborate throughout the organisation – a team player. Able to form and maintain strong working relationships with in the GCO and with clients
- Ability to provide firm guidance on complex and sensitive issues with the appropriate balance of commercial risk
- Strategic thinker with good business understanding and excellent analytical skills with due attention to detail
- Able to think on feet, multitask and prioritise
- The confidence and gravitas to advise the senior management and influence individuals within the organisation. A confident presenter
- The ability to recognise and manage challenge from internal clients
- Ability to respond to business issues with workable solutions often under critical time pressure
- Enthusiasm to get involved in new areas/jurisdictions
- Prepared to take the lead with regards to making appropriate recommendations to senior and middle management.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time