American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Counsel (Temp role)
The (temp role) position shall join the legal team in Spain and will provide legal support to the different business units of American Express in Spain in connection with one key project.
The position will need to:
- provide legal advice and support in connection with the Company’s card issuing, merchant acquiring, insurance mediation and travel business activities
- provide legal advice on payment services regulation, anti-money laundering, consumer protection, commercial agreements, company law and data protection
- identify and provide legal interpretation on material new laws, or material changes in laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of the Company
- draft contracts and provide practical, business-oriented advice and solutions to the business units
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Practice experience (between 1 and 3 years), at a law firm or in-house, with emphasis on corporate/contract law required. Background in financial services or consumer law a plus
- Very fluent in English and Spanish
- Basic understanding of applicable EU and Spanish law relating to card issuing and merchant acquiring, financial and payment services generally and anti-money regulation a distinctive plus. Excellent contract drafting skills
- Good business understanding and excellent analytical skills. Ability to adopt a business orientated approach, take charge and “get things done”
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and prioritize among competing priorities
- Good team player and self-starter
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time