American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Hunger to learn and adapt new technologies
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
Following are the key Qualifications needed for this role:
- 4+ years of hands-on programming experience in Java stack
- Experience in architecture, infrastructure, applications, systems design and integration
- Clear understanding of object oriented development
- Strong knowledge of real time transactional systems and In-Memory computing
- Experience in delivering and managing HA platforms supporting user base across the Globe
- Strong development experience with Java 8, Apache Camel, Spring Core, Linux and REST
- Prior experience building out Enterprise grade platforms that can scale and perform at best in class economics
- Experience in developing frameworks using Open Source Technologies and promoting code reuse across the enterprise is a plus
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Proven track record to lead problem analysis and resolution
- Hands on expertise in performance optimization of distributed systems
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is a plus, or equivalent work experience
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time